Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Peace Poem Post 1

This is the first of a series of poems I have written about peace which I dedicate to the solstice time. Most of my writing on peace leans on the lyrics of John Lennon, for whom I am thankful.



Give Peace a Chance

For Linda Donahoe

Peace is the hummingbird at the feeder
Peace is a dog with a stick
          (Which he drops to go digging)
Peace is the first blooms in wintry woods

Peace is the absence of worry
          And the presence of beauty
Peace says, I accept you as you are
          I do not need to change you
          You are beautiful
Peace says I am where I am right now and asks,
          Where are you?

All we are saying, is give peace a chance

Imagine nothing to kill or die for
Imagine everything to sing and shout for
Imagine the poorest and most ill
          Brought to the table and clothed and fed and healed
          The most rejected embraced

Imagine
Envision
Predict
Foresee
Give peace a chance

All I am saying, is give peace a chance.



                                         by Joy E. Dickerson
                                         January 2, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment